Paddy Power refer a friend
Sharing is caring, as the old saying goes, but that sense of community has never really made it into the thinking of punters. If you find an over-priced selection, bit of value or a bet worth having we generally keep it to ourselves and make the most money we can. Only after our own stake is down and the odds secured would we even consider passing on the good news.
Paddy Power is a bookie who like to do things differently, in fact, they often go out of their way to swim against the tide, break the mould or ruffle a few feathers. A quick look back at some of their advertising campaigns is all the proof you need of that.
So, it was no real surprise when the betting giant made moves to break down barriers between backers and introduce their refer a friend scheme that rewards you for doing your bit for the cause. We all know how good Paddy Power online is. Whether you’re a football backer, horse racing enthusiast or prefer a punt on niche markets such as reality TV and politics, it’s about to get better for those taking part in the refer a friend scheme.
Getting started is quick and easy. You must already have an account registered with Paddy Power or create one if you don’t. That can be done in a matter of seconds, simply by clicking through to the site from any link placed on this page.
How to refer a friend
– Log in to your Paddy Power account
– Choose the sports section of the site
– Click on the promotions tab
– Click Paddy Power refer a friend option
– Enter the email address of your friend(s)
– When they join through the emailed link you will receive your bonus code
Paddy Power referral code explained
When completing the process you will notice the Paddy Power referral code that is send to your email address. This is a simple way to keep track of the process and helps link your account to your friend’s sign-up, so customer services know the action has come through your referral.
Great news – when your friend joins through your advice both you and they receive a bonus, you through the referral code and your friend through their Paddy Power promo code and welcome bonus. The rewards differ between cash bonuses, free bets, enhanced odds and more, so check the site for details when starting the process.
Share the Paddy Power referral code
That’s one of the reasons this promo really stands out from the crowd. We all know about the many new player bonuses available to punters signing up for an account, or the cash boosts, price enhancements and free bets that pop up from time to time. They are all designed to reward just one customer – you. That’s great, but if you spot a bet worth having and your friend is probably going to have a go themselves anyway, or you’re going to tell them about the great new market you backed, it makes perfect sense that you should both get on with the bookies’ money, done so through the rewards.
All you have to do is make sure they enter their unique code on registration to confirm it comes from your referral, and you’ll both be up and running. It’s worth noting that if they don’t input your referral code on sign-up there will be no way of tracking the transaction and you’ll end up with nothing. That’s harsh, so be sure to remind them and then insist they use your code.
Points worth noting
There are other points worth being made aware of here and although it’s unlikely you’ll read all the terms and conditions, we advise that you should. We have picked out a few of the highlights below to ensure there are no surprises further down the line…
– Again, your friend must activate their account using your unique Paddy Power refer a friend code. This is important, for your sake.
– The referred customer must do more than merely open an account. They must be an active customer, making a first deposit and placing their first bet. Only then will they receive their welcome bonus and you the referral bonus.
– Some types of bets won’t count towards qualifying for the bonuses. For example, their bet has to be on a certain market with odds that match the criteria, usually 1/2 or better. This is all fairly standard stuff in the industry.
– Other limitations usually include not being able to cash out on your qualifying bet – either fully or partially – and it may have to be on predetermined sports and markets, usually single bets. This may seem like a bit of work but if your friend is a genuine sports bettor who wants to back normal selections, you will both fly through the process.
Can anyone take part
Just like any new customer, there are certain rules and regulations that must be obeyed. For example, your referral must be aged 18 years or older, be a UK citizen and not already have a Paddy Power account, even if its not in use. They must be a completely new customer.
You can’t refer members of your immediate family, or those sharing the same address as you. Members of your family, in this instance, means spouse, children, parent or anyone with the same surname.
Your friend can take advantage of this offer through the desktop or mobile app but must use the sportsbook option, betting on the likes of casino, games and lotto doesn’t count.
When all steps have been covered and checked by a member of the Paddy Power customer services team you will generally receive your prize within a few days. Make sure your friend has covered all bases and steps they were asked to. If you believe they have and you’re still to receive your bonus you can get in touch with the team through the handy Live Chat feature on the homepage.
Paddy Power pride themselves on being a responsible bookmaker and, as such, operate a number of measures aimed at protecting themselves and their customers from the threat of money laundering, fraud and underage gambling. They should be given credit for this and their standards are now becoming commonplace in the industry.
You will be in danger of having your own account suspended if you do any of the following…
– Exploit the Paddy Power refer a friend programme through different accounts
– Try to abuse the promotion in any way
– Fail to follow the rules clearly set out on the T&Cs page